The E-Z Riser Raising System
• ISE ironworkers separate each existing interior column at the base and install a steel box sleeve around the existing column so the load path never changes, even during the lift. This sleeve is the new permanent structural column.
• For columns that are in exterior walls, we weld a telescoping tube column to the existing column. This too becomes the new permanent structural column.
• In places where we cannot sleeve columns, due to access or shape, we use a telescoping tube column that replaces the permanent or only lift the structure temporarily until the existing column can be extended.
• Hydraulic jacks are installed at the tops of the columns and connected to pumps. Each pump and jack set can lift 100,000 pounds.
• We separate the roof from the exterior walls.
• Plumbing, sprinkler pipes, and utility lines are disconnected temporarily or extended prior to the lift.
• Everything is secured with temporary bracing and thoroughly inspected prior to "lift day".
• On "lift day" we bring in a large crew of experienced roof raisers and lift the roof. The roof is lifted at a rate of about 1 foot per hour. Usually, our crews are able to lift eight feet or more in one day.
• After the roof is raised to its required height, all columns are bolted and secured, and any necessary permanent bracing is installed.
• We then add siding to the opening created by the lift, or the masonry walls are brought up to the new height. We offer a vast variety of enclosure options.
• Provide all the engineering using licensed Professional Engineers. Our engineers are licensed in all 50 states.
• Offer a wide variety of siding choices and colors. Options include metal siding with bats insulation, insulated metal panels, illuminated panels, fire rated panels, and our personal favorite pre-fabricated wall panels that can enclose a building in a few days.
• Offer the complete structural steel and miscellaneous steel package. Including any new HVAC supports, mezzanine steel, stairs/railings, roof access ladders, overhead door frames, lintels, bollards and even column removal or relocation.
• Provide a structurally sound, completely enclosed, and water tight building